- Low density and high specific strength: Metallic titanium has a density of 4.51g/cm3, which is higher than aluminum and lower than steel, copper and nickel, but the specific strength is at the top of the metal.
- Corrosion resistance: Titanium is a very active metal with a low equilibrium potential and a high degree of thermodynamic corrosion in the medium. In practice, however, titanium is very stable in many media, such as titanium, which is resistant to corrosion in media such as oxidizing, neutral, and weakly reducing.
- Good heat resistance: The new titanium alloy can be used for a long time at 600 °C or higher.
- Good low temperature resistance: Low temperature titanium alloys represented by titanium alloys such as Gr.6 (Ti-5Al-2.5Sn), Gr.5 (Ti-6Al-4V) and Ti-2.5Zr-1.5Mo, whose strength increases with decreasing temperature But the plasticity changes are not big. It maintains good ductility and toughness at low temperature of -196-253 °C, avoids cold and brittleness of metal, and is an ideal material for equipment such as cryogenic vessels and tanks.
- Strong anti-damping performance: After being subjected to mechanical vibration and electrical vibration, metal titanium has the longest vibration decay time compared with steel and copper metal.
- Non-magnetic, non-toxic: Titanium is a non-magnetic metal, it will not be magnetized in a large magnetic field, non-toxic and has good compatibility with human tissues and blood, so it is used by the medical community.
- Tensile strength is close to its yield strength: This property of titanium indicates that its yield ratio (tensile strength/yield strength) is high, indicating that the metal titanium material has poor plastic deformation during forming. Since the ratio of the yield limit of titanium to the modulus of elasticity is large, the resilience of titanium during molding is large.
- Good heat transfer performance: Although the thermal conductivity of titanium is lower than that of carbon steel and copper, the wall thickness can be greatly reduced due to the excellent corrosion resistance of titanium, and the heat exchange between surface and steam is droplet condensation. In the heat group, the surface is not fouled and the thermal resistance can be reduced, so that the heat exchange performance of titanium is remarkably improved.
- Low modulus of elasticity: The modulus of elasticity of titanium is 106.4 GMPa at room temperature, which is 57% of steel.
- Suction performance: Titanium is a very chemically active metal that reacts with many elements and compounds at high temperatures. Titanium inhalation mainly refers to the reaction with carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen at high temperature.
You also can visit for our Facebook and Instagram
Please feel free to contact us for any further information you may need. Thanks in advance.