Hex Head Bolts are the the most popular fasteners in chemical industry equipments and heat exchanger equipments.
Actually, a hex head bolt and hex head cap screw are actually very different fasteners in terms of how they are manufactured.
Hex Head Bolt Specifications
• ASME B18.2.1
• DIN 931 / ISO 4014
• DIN 933 / ISO 4017
Hex Head Cap Screw Sizes
• #00 – 6″
• M1.2 – M150
Hex Head Bolts
• Hex bolts have a flat end and lack the washer facing under the head.
• Appropriate for when mechanical properties are more important than dimensional tolerances.
Hex Head Cap Screw
• Features flat washer facing under the bolt head.
• Precise applications where tight tolerances on the body dimensions are required.
• Also called a finished hex bolt.
Usually, it’s a set with hex nut
It also has inch size and standard, heavy hex nuts and jam nuts
• ASME B18.16.3
• ASME B18.2.2
Whatsapp, +86-18291755582; Skype, Ade-0917